Saturday, September 19, 2009

A Voice and A Legacy

Mary Travers, a woman who deserves a tribute. A tear comes to the eye...well okay, more than that, I've been blubbering all afternoon. She's gone ( This is a really nice article in the New York Times) and I never truly appreciated the impact that Peter, Paul, and Mary had on my life. Peter, Paul, and Mary were the background music of my childhood. I knew little of their history and background until a few months ago when my parent were watching a PBS special on them and we joined in - they really were one of a kind.

Mary is a wonderful voice that will be missed, not only for the beauty of her voice but for the meaning of the words she sang. Here's to you Mary.



A little History


A song for then and and a song for now


A Favorite



0 comments: