Wednesday, May 6, 2009

What was I thinking???

A few weeks ago Ceri and I had some receptions to go to so we got ambitious and decided to try out this "quick" and "easy" quilting project that we had read about on a blog. We had 4 hours to purchase materials and put it together before we needed to go. Well the project would have been quick and easy if we had done it before and had a clue what we were doing. Needless to say after 4 stressful hours this was my end project. Ceri's turned out better and she actually gave hers away (my binding turned out really good...but it didn't redeem the rest of it) So we've deemed this quilt the Popsicle quilt. (When I was growing up my grandma Tenney always put the same quilt under us as we played we called it the Popsicle quilt...because it was the only quilt we could eat and drip on). Anyways...I'm sure next time around...with more time and thought it will turn out really cute!

Ceri and I working away

The Popsicle quilt


Definately better looking with a cute little girl sitting on it!

1 comments:

Glen and Dayna Jackson said...

hey elyse,
i absolutely love reading your blog. you have so many ideas. i definately need to learn how to make a bag. and maybe it's the picture, but i didn't think that quilt looked so bad. :0) sounds like you guys are doing great. talk to you soon. dayna