Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Pie and Pillows

I got a big bite of humble pie yesterday as I was attempting to make a new tree skirt for the Christmas tree. When you think of a tree skirt it doesn't sound that complicated right? I was keeping it simple - cutting out some wedges sewing them into a doughnut shape and quilting it - piece of cake. Ha! After numerous hours of failed attempts to salvege my mistakes I threw in the towel. But, I definitely learned some things....first and foremost that I am not above a pattern... My efforts didn't all go to waste though - I made some pillows out of the wreckage. I LOVE the Christmas shopper pattern!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

i have been scared to sew a tree skirt pattern that i have for about 4 years now! i hope i get to live next door to you some day so you can "help" me... aka, do it for me while i watch and sip hot cocoa. :) cute pillows tho!

Coleman Family said...

Love them! Good job!

miss chaz. said...

I LOVE that print!