Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Food on the Brain


I've been on a major pumpkin kick lately and have been indulging in all the wonderful foods I have not been eating for the past 8 months since Prime's birth and the whole "no dairy" thing...Did I blog about that? That's a whole post on it's own...anyways, long story short - I'm enjoying dairy again! whoo-hoo! I came up with this dish last night. Usually I'm not a huge "breakfast for dinner fan" but this one may convert me. I found a basic recipe, tweaked it....and voila! make and enjoy....really...you should do it...

Eggnog Pumpkin Pancakes

  • 2 cups Bisquick
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1-1/4 cups eggnog
  • 1/4 to 1/2 cup milk (until it's the right consistency)
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
  • 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
Not that anyone needs this next part...but whatevs....
  1. Preheat a griddle to 375 degrees F, or heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat.

  2. Whisk together all ingredients until well-combined.

  3. rest for a bit (you and the batter)

  4. Turn griddle down to 350 degrees.

  5. Ladle quarter-cupfuls of the batter onto the griddle. Cook until the edges of the pancakes start to set and bubbles start to form on the surface of the pancakes.

  6. Flip. Cook another 1-3 minutes until pancakes are golden brown on the other side.

Serve immediately with whatever delicious things you like...my fav: Lemon Cream (delish), hot syrup, and Redi whip...my mouth is watering.

So...side note...has anyone else ever noticed that the Orville Redenbacker guy looks like a combo of Don Knott's, Gilbert Godfried, and maybe a even a little of Aunt Jemima?...just saying...

++?=

2 comments:

Andy & Jen said...

oh YUMMY I must try!

Coleman Family said...

You're a crack-up! ;) And those pumpkin pancakes look heavenly!