Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sometimes I Forget

Sometimes I forget how talented Matt is. I hear him practicing everyday and I watch him perform at some of the ASU events (but he's always in the back and all I can see is the top of his head). Last night Matt got us (Ceri, Dana,and I) some comp. tickets for The Symphony of the Southwest - they did a special pop's concert featuring Scott McIntyre (one of the top 10 from last seasons, American Idol). It was so much fun - not only to have a girls night out (thank you mom and dad corriveau for babysitting) but Matt's Drum set was right up in the front next to Scott's piano - Matt completely rocked it. Matt had only the nicest things to say about Scott McIntyre and Matt talked quite a bit with Scott and his family at rehearsals and seemes interested in calling Matt up for some later gigs - totally rad. I know Matt's got it going on but it's cool to hear that other respected musicians see that too!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

rad! i wish i could have been in on your girls night out... and maybe i should start watching american idol. isn't this the 2nd idol you've gotten a picture with? ;)

Nate & Tiffany Mortensen said...

How fun! That is so cool. Scott's brother Todd was in my voice studio at ASU and his family is so, so nice! I hope he gets some more gigs out of this!

Coleman Family said...

How fun! What a great night! And I think I see a little preggo tummy there! :) We're so excited for you!!!