Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Yes, it's true!


Number 3 is on the way! Due Feb. 20, 2013

I can't begin to express how grateful I am that the first trimester is over.
It was terrible. I've never experienced anything like it. UGH! I have a new found appreciation for women who go EVERY pregnancy or their ENTIRE pregnancy feeling so terrible.  I never actually threw up but on most days I wish I could have. Maybe it would have brought some relief. I don't know. 90% of my day for 10 solid weeks was spent feeling car/motion sick and NOTHING helped.  

Everything went out the window. Clean house? Gone. Home cooked dinner? Gone. Clean clothes? Thank goodness for Matthew. Blogging? Ha! don't make me laugh.  

I turned into a monster. A person I didn't know existed in me. 

It was so bad...for a while the only thing that sounded appetizing was Taco Bell. And I ate it 2 times a day on most days for a good month. Don't judge me.

After a few weeks of giving into the monster/sloth within, I got tired of being "that person" and got pretty good at putting on a happy face and tried out the whole, "fake it till you make it" attitude. It worked...sort of...It may have made me look happier, but I wasn't about to cook dinner...

I have tried to keep my running up. It hasn't been easy. I ran a 15K on the 4th of July. I was 7 weeks and fully feeling green.  But I did it. I'm glad I did. 


From all of this I realized (well, I already knew this...but it reinforced) that my husband is the greatest.  Matt put up with all of it and picked up so much ALL of my slack. 

Thankfully the week 12 mark has taken over and little by little I've been feeling more myself. This is the first week in MONTHS that I've cooked dinner for my family. Yeah!

So here's hoping for a better 2nd and 3rd trimester - They've gotta be better than the first.

Oh, and in case you were wondering...there's only one in there. I made sure the ultrasound lady took a real good look! 

7 comments:

Liz said...

Isn't Ceri a super-sickie? Yuck! I am like her with miserable pregnancies and remember wanting Taco Bell if I had to eat something. Dan said he would buy me cheesy fiesta potatoes every day during the pregnancy if I could actually keep it down.

Kassie said...

Yay! This pregnancy has also been a nauseous one for me. Some days I begged for the sweet relief of puking, but to no avail. Glad you're feeling more like yourself. I'm glad you got a little running in. I just couldn't slip in Zumba with all the naps I was taking. Lol

Jared and Tara said...

i'm so happy for you guys, but sorry about how cruddy you've been feeling. not fun! hopefully the rest of the pregnancy is smooth sailing. :)

Stacy and Derek said...

Sorry you've been sick, but congrats on #3! How exciting for your cute little family!

Allison said...

Congratulations! And hooray for feeling better!

Katie said...

Congratulations! I'm sorry it's been so awful. I'm glad things are looking up, though! Maybe the rest will be a breeze. :)

Bekka said...

Congrats on #3! I'm amazed you've been running so much when you've been feeling so crummy. You're my pregnancy hero.