Monday, August 20, 2012

Withdrawals

I miss running.
Okay, okay...I'm still running but it's not the same. 
I've gotten slow
And it's too hot so I'm chained to my treadmill - blech.
I miss my running buddies.

Here's a look back at better times.  My last race.
Coronado's Independence Day 5K & 15K
It was beautiful.
I was 7 weeks pregnant and super sick...but you wouldn't know it from the pictures right?
Ceri and John ran the 5K while I did the 15K
It was the most perfect day which made me kind of forget how sick I was...kind of.
I kept a nice, steady 10min/mile pace for 7 miles.
...then I ate some caffeinated gummies.
I kicked into high gear and passed 70 people in the last 2 miles!
WHOOOOOOOT
So. much. fun. 

Last year this was my first race. I reminisced a lot on the course. I would have never thought at the time that that one race would have been the spring board all the rest.  And at the time I laughed at the thought of doing a WHOLE marathon. Oh how things change.



 John, Ceri, and I post race

 Making some "kills" in the last 2 miles
 Sprinting to the finish


{sigh}
I love a good race
Oh and just for record keeping, here are my stats:
1188 people ran in the 15K that day.
Place/Name/bib#/age/div/sex/city/time/avg.pace
742 ELYSE COLEMAN         346  28  66/130    F Gilbert         1:28:26  9:30

0 comments: