Thursday, January 20, 2011

WA and traveling with children

I always say this...but really...I need to take more pictures. Did I mention that I got a totally awesome camera that I'm in love with for Christmas? I ended up with the Canon Powershot sx210 is. Now I just need to use it more. I got so out of the groove when my last camera was being all weird. Anyways - enjoy - this is all I got.
The 2010 babies meeting for the first time.

We always seem to forget to get a picture of the kids with the grandparents until we are at the airport...next year I'll work on that. (look how sunny and beautiful it was!!! I could totally do the Seattle thing if it was like that more often!)
Emmie and Kai-Lan...a perfect airplane combination.
Prime being Prime...completely precious

So...this is my airplane story. My children were very well behaved on the airplane until the last 20 minutes. It was then that Emmie began crying. The flight attendant rudely told Emmie she couldn't sit on my lap and that's what set her off (thanks lady) and I think she would have recovered fine and stopped crying after a minute or so but then she told me she needed to go potty and I told her she had to hold it...that's when all you know what broke loose. There was nothing I could do. She held it and held it until she could hold it no longer and (she was wearing a pull-up...(rule #1 when traveling with children: always have a back up) But it was very upsetting...She hates having accidents now (glory hallelujah...it only took us 8 months). So anyways, as everyone was standing in the walkway waiting to depart she was still crying and we were getting all the disapproving looks from those who have either never had children or it's been so long that they've forgotten and then some sympathetic looks from those who still remember...I just wanted to scream at them IT'S ONLY BEEN THE LAST 20 MINUTES....YOU'RE WELCOME FOR THE OTHER 2 HOURS! But I refrained. This old lady took it upon herself to tell Emmie everyone wanted her to stop crying. I could have smacked her. Again, I refrained. grrr...people...

Anyways, that's my story.




4 comments:

Heidi said...

oye... rule #2 on planes... don't try to talk to other people's kids when they are having a meltdown. :) i would say you have about the same experience we all do.

Coleman Family said...

Wow, you had a lot of jerks on the plane. I hate those looks - I get them when I shop sometimes too. It makes me want to looks at them with my eyes crossed and tongue sticking out! I say good job Emmie and Prime for being so good for those 2 hours!

Amy Nielson said...

oh my gosh i can't believe that old lady said something to you?? wow. glad most of it was ok... but at least you'll never see any of those people again!

this doesn't make me excited for our six hour flight on monday... eeeeeek.

miss chaz. said...

oh myyy gosh, rude people!

but great pictures. looks like a wonderful trip. i love canon cameras, so glad you love them too!:)