Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A day to DYE for!

I love blogs...I love that there is so many tutorials and crafting ideas out there. I could blog surf forever looking at all the ideas. One of my favorite finds (actually Ceri found it first) completely opened my eyes to the beauty of Dyes. I was going to spend at least $40 and countless hours buying fabric and figuring out how to sew cushion covers but then....I read a blog....$8 bucks and an easy hour later....tahda! From disgusting stained lavender to beautiful brown.....

Thank you Mr. Rit

Thank you tub and plunger (the only poking device I didn't mind staining brown)


I didn't dye the arm covers...so this is the color before...note the stains on the fabric...and this is after washing it! gross!)
Turned out pretty darn good if you ask me!


Emmie Update:
This is my poor sick baby...look at those rosy cheeks! Luckily the antibiotics are helping her feel a lot better...the ear infection and nose gunk are on the mend!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

that's pretty sweet... i have a chair that could use some sprucing and de-luking. do you think there's a bucket out there big enough to fit a whole recliner?? ;)

oh, and look at emmie's rosy cheeks. i'm happy she's feeling better. :)

CF Is Not Forever said...

Agreed! I love to copy cat and or get inspiration from others ideas! One of my favorite pass times as well! Nice work! I keep thinking about recovering my couch, but that sounds a little too tricky for me!