Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Drive Down Memory Lane

Today we took a drive to Globe, AZ - where my dad grew up. It was fun to drive around and have my dad point out lots of his old stomping ground. Take a look at some of the highlights!

My Grandma Corriveau's grave sight on the outskirts of town (not a great picture of us...darn sun)


Globe High School - it was actually open! We were able to walk the halls as my dad pointed out were his english class was and were he and his friends did this and that...and we found his class picture hanging on the wall!My dad...with the class of 1971

Look at him! What a stud muffin!My dad's best friend

His high school sweet heart...didn't last long after graduation...worked out good for my mom!
My dad's first kiss...kindergarten...in a closet...dad- you rascal!
This picture doesn't do the house justice...but if you can use your imagination a bit...you can tell it was once a looker...built in the early 1900's


Emmie was a pretty happy girl after she was out of her car seat at the restaurant! She's showing off her new clapping skills! Yeah for Emmie - she figured it out!!! On the way home, after a good cracker, she zonked!

3 comments:

LBJ said...

Just got your blog address from your parents when they came home teaching. So fun to see how you're doing. Not enough pictures of the little Emmie! You know it is grandkids that count. (Spoken like the Grandmother of 17.)
I am going to love seeing what's happening in your family. We totally enjoyed the trip down Memory Lane with Dwight (especially the old high school year book). Can't wait to talk to him about it.

Love you, Sister J
(Lorraine, now that you're a grownup.)

LBJ said...

Love sharing blogs and obsession.
Sign me up! We're leaving for Canada on the 5th. My copy of Breaking Dawn is due to arrive on the 5h. Brent says if I don't get the book before the plane takes off, I'll probably stay home. Possible!!

Lisa Burk said...

Hey Elise,
So this may be nothing at all but my husband Theron has an uncle named Steve and he seems to think this is the same person...ask your dad if he know anything more about him like names of his parents or siblings...I would laugh if this really was my somewhat relative. Let me know.
Lisa