Thursday, March 11, 2010

4 years ago today...

It was cold and raining...there was snow on the top of the Superstition mountains and early in the morning My parents, Matt, and I drove to the Mesa Temple. I knew that I was about to make some of the most important promises that one can make on Earth. I remember feeling warm and at peace. As I entered the Lobby, recommend in one hand, and Matt's hand in the other. I knew there was no other place in the world I would have rather been. March 11th is always a tender day, a day not shared with wedding memories, but one that I keep for me.



I love this part of the Family Proclamation:

“In the premortal realm, spirit sons and daughters knew and worshiped God as their Eternal Father and accepted His plan by which His children could obtain a physical body and gain earthly experience to progress toward perfection and ultimately realize his or her divine destiny as an heir of eternal life. The divine plan of happiness enables family relationships to be perpetuated beyond the grave. Sacred ordinances and covenants available in holy temples make it possible for individuals to return to the presence of God and for families to be united eternally."

I feel so blessed to know that by living worthy to make and keep these sacred covenants I will be able to not only return to Heavenly Father but also be united with my family for eternity.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

aw leesy! so sweet!!!

Heidi said...

maybe we can do a session together some day. :)

Coleman Family said...

Beautiful!