Sunday, August 30, 2009

Emmie's First Hair Cut

The Parental Negla-Mullet if finally gone. I caved and let Matt cut Emmie's hair. I did want to wait until a "monumental time" like her 2nd birthday or something, but it was just too nasty. We didn't know exactly what we were doing but it turned out great - thanks to Elmo, the towel holding her arms down, and Matt's mad hairstyling skills.
Check out the longness - totally rad.
(don't mind Matt, he had just gotten back from helping a family move)

Elmo, you are wonderful!

I have yet to get a good picture of her cute new bob, but trust me, it's adorable. She looks so grown up.



The first clip, I almost felt like crying. She just didn't have hair for so long that now that she does it almost seemed a crime to cut it off - even if it was long and mullet-ish. But we are glad we did and Emmie doesn't even seem to notice - she's just to busy doing other things besides worrying about her hair (I wonder how long that stage lasts).

4 comments:

Allison said...

I thought I noticed it yesterday, but when I asked Emmie if she got a haircut, she didn't answer. I think it looks adorable! Way to go Matt! I haven't even started thinking about Audrey's first cut. I think she'll be like Emmie and won't have much to cut for a long long time.

Coleman Family said...

Oh Emma had the same hair! My family kept begging me to cut it but it had taken her almost 2 years to get the hair!!! Get a cute pic when you can, I'm sure she looks just adorable with the new "do"!

Heidi said...

yaih for first haircuts!

Jenna said...

what a cutie! they need to come up with rogaine for babies or something. i'm sick of waiting for hair! also, we need to schedule your photoshoot. let me know when you're free!