Tuesday, August 18, 2009

a whole lot of learning going on

Any one else love the smell of school? ahhh....refreshing. There's nothing like walking into a classroom at the beginning of the year....not knowing quite what to expect - and then be pleasantly surprised at all the learning going on in just the first few days of class....This year's going to be good - I can feel it!

Decimal system
100 board
metal insets....is anyone else aware that the real name for an oval is ellipse? An oval is actually egg shaped -no lie
red rod maze
spindle box
multiplication with the colored bead box

2 comments:

Coleman Family said...

I never knew an oval is really an egg shape?! That's what I get for not going to a Montessori school, right? :)

thefrommfam said...

I know exactly what you mean. Just walking into a school at the beginning of the year...i just love the smell of a new school year. I hope you have a great year.