Sunday, December 14, 2008

Tradition

One of my favorite traditions each Christmas is getting a new ornament for the Christmas tree. My parents started this tradition in the first few years of there marriage and have kept it ever since. They give one ornament to each member of their family. So this means when I got married I already had a tin full of traditional ornament I had collected plus a few that had been gifts from friends and students throughout the years. It's pretty awesome.

This year my dad decided it would be nice to make an evening out of our tradition and make our ornaments. We put tiny colored beads into these metal frames then baked them so they turn out like stained glass - totally rad and crafty...love it! We had a good time.

Don't bump the table!Intense concentration!

Emmie enjoyed a nice bath with Grammy while we were busy concentrating!

The Coleman families 2008 ornaments...ta-da!
Can you guess which one belongs to who? (hint: Matt made 2 - Emmie and I just have 1)

3 comments:

Heidi said...

i love them! i can't figure out whose is whose except the drum... is obviously emmies. ;) j/k

Anonymous said...

They're adorable! Awesome family activity idea! I looked very carefully at that picture of you concentrating really hard on your ornament, and my best guess is that you were working on the cat...Am I right??!!

-Shraddha

Anonymous said...

Love your blog Elyse! Oh and by the way, since the thank you card is still in my outgoing mail pile, I will take this opportunity to say THANK YOU to you, Ceri, and your Mom for the great blanket and sling! Thanks for thinking of me and for sharing your awesome family craftiness!