Sunday, December 21, 2008

Happy Christmas to Me!

Since I've been married Ceri and others in the family have been at me to finish cleaning out my old bedroom at my parents house. Right before the wedding day I packed up everything that I used regularly and then left all the sentimental stuff that I had saved up for 22 years knowing that my parents weren't going anywhere and I could deal with that later. About 6 months after I was married I went back and boxed my tea cup and doll collection, journals and other sentimental things and placed them nicely in the closet (Ceri will deny that I did this) and then thought that I was good to go. Well my parents finally have decided that they want to make the room into a nice guest/craft room so I need to do some more cleaning...

...well it had been a long time since I had last been in there and come to find out I didn't clean out my dresser and laundry hamper....some might be thinking "Elyse...that's gross"...but there were no dirty clothes to be found (I used to hide clothes that I wished I could fit into at the bottom of my laundry hamper...you know out of sight out of mind...waiting for that one day when they would finally fit) So as I'm going through...what do I pull out???? A pair of Jeans. Beautiful...small...never been worn jeans...GLORIOUS! (a friend had bought me these jeans when I was in college and I didn't have the self-esteem to tell her that my thighs and rear were to big to fit into them...so what did I do? I thanked her - reimbursed her - then put them in my hamper) So I look at them and somewhat skeptical of myself I go and put them on and what did I find???? THEY FIT!!! not only did they just fit...they fit good! immediately I started singing the "I'm too sexy song" and ran out to show everyone.

Now I wish I could find the lady that pulled Matt aside at our wedding reception to tell him that he'd better enjoy me skinny now because after that day I would never look the same (sad I know...Matt waited 2 years to tell me this...smart man...I would have cried on my wedding day..


So Happy Christmas to me!

2 comments:

Andy & Jen said...

u r one hot mama! Please teach me how!

Nate & Tiffany Mortensen said...

You're my hero Elyse! Please share your secrets!