Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Beautiful Coronado

Last weekend Mom and Dad Corriveau took Matt, Emmie, and I to Coronado for the weekend. It was a much needed vacation! The weather was gorgeous and we had an awesome time!

First stop...Target!
Once we got out there we realized that we were not prepared at all...none of us had checked the weather so we didn't know to bring a jacket for the first day...it was down right cold! (a nice change from were we left!) Check out the sweet cart escalator!
The conversation I had with my dad right before riding the escalator:
Dad: That's only for carts - you need to take Emmie out
Me: Oh really?! I thought I'd just leave her in there
Dad: ha
Me: (roll of the eyes...like I'd actually leave my child in there to ride that thing by herself..)
I guess it's kind of nice to have someone always checking on me...I guess... : )

Emmie's all bundled up!

For the remainder of the trip there was nothing but California sunshine!
Matt and I rented bikes and rode all the way around the island - It was a blast!

What is a trip to San Diego without stopping in La Jolla for some Alfonso Chips?! YUM!

The Ferry ride from the Island to the City. That's one cool hat Emmie!

In front of the Del Coronado...Beautiful...maybe we'll stay there when we're rich!


Mom Corriveau - stopping to smell the roses

Having fun!
Daddy's girl!


Enjoying some reading material on the ride home

Emmie's gotten so good at entertaining her self at restaurants...have lids - we'll play!
My favorite part is the little laugh in the last few seconds...cracks me up!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

oh boy! super fun! emmie's so fun and i'm happy you got to have a vacation before summer school gets going.

Beach Local said...

Great pics on Coronado. I run eCoronado.com and I love the island.

Steve

CF Is Not Forever said...

Glad you had so much fun on your trip! What fun memories and pictures!