Saturday, June 21, 2008

Yeah for a Birthday!

On Thursday (the 19th) I turned 24...getting older is strange...people ask, "do you feel 24?" and I reply, "sure" because really...what does 24 feel like? For me I feel a mix of how I felt since high school graduation (but less self involved), then add to it those feelings you have when you have to be a grownup with responsibilities...maybe I won't truly begin to feel like I'm getting old until something starts sagging or aching...can't wait for that!
Me Blowing out the candles on my delicious double rich Good Cake (Thank You Ceri!)

Ready, Set, BAKE! I've wanted a bread maker for the longest time! (thanks mom & dad!) No more paying $2.50++ for a nice loaf of bread...because I'm making my own!! Isn't that apron super cute?! (thanks Ceri!) and you can't read the label on the canister but it's Serendipity's frrrozen hot chocolate mix from New York...YUMMY!
Emmie's such a good helper!

Who needs presents? The best part is the wrapping!

Dana got me this!! I could watch this movie over and over and not get sick of it...no it is not one of Cameron Diaz's best movies...but dang good if you ask me! Thanks Dana!

And last - but definitely not least - is my new Nike+ Matt bought me! It's got the coolest features...I've been trying to get motivated to start running again...and now I am! Thanks Sweetie!Here's to another year!


2 comments:

Cody and Britt said...

Happy Birthday Elyse! I honestly thought of you on the 19th. It's weird and maybe it's because we were inseparable for so many years but I don't think I'll ever forget your birthday! Kind of how I'll never forget yours and others phone numbers that I used to dial constantly before cell phones were around (I don't even think I could tell you my husband's cell # !!) I guess our memory's are very good when we're kids :) So anyways...I hope you had a fabulous birthday! Talk to you soon!

Heidi said...

happy birthday! i thought of you all day. ;) looks like you made a haul!