Sunday, April 6, 2008

We are still here!

Okay...so it's been almost 2 weeks since my last post - it's been CRAZY at the Coleman household. Between Matt and his end of the year projects/tests/concerts/private lessons/etc...Teaching for me has been - hummm, what's a good word - "zoo like" (spring fever...my student's have it bad!) and then to top it off Emmie has entered into a very needy stage where she does not want to be put down at all... I feel like I've been running a daily marathon! Hopefully life will slow down a little bit soon!

So...about this whole needy stage with Emmie...Some days are worse than others but for the most part she just loves to be held and be in the middle of what ever is going on. The second I put her down to even blow my nose she starts to freak out. Part of me eats it up and loves that she wants to be with me all the time not ever wanting to be put down (especially because I'm not with her all day due to work)...but the other part of me thinks that I could be starting a very bad trend - getting in the way of her learning that it's okay to play alone for a bit and be independent for a few moments while mommy does a few things. hummm...I don't know... I think that this is one of those child rearing topics that has no right answer....

Anyways...now for the good stuff! A few moments like these where we were able to slow down...and catch our breath for two seconds, making all the busyness not so bad!


This is pretty funny...The boys do this all the time for the dogs and cats... then they wanted to know if Emmie would go after it too...She did - Poor Emmie...just and innocent bystander!

A few days a go I was holding Emmie (surprise, surprise) and a bit of my pear dripped onto her mouth...she LOVED it and kept licking her lips - then went in search of the delicious fruit...when she found it she took if from me and shoved it in her mouth...she sucked on it for a good twenty minutes! Emmie's favorite toy is a plastic cup. She didn't put if up there to balance herself...but what talent huh?

This is a post all unto itself but here's a preview...Emmie not only had her first excursion to the park this weekend but we also met up with my best friend, Heidi and her son, Luke, who were in from Chicago for the weekend and were able to meet Emmie for the first time. We had a great time at the park - but it was too short! More pictures to come later!

0 comments: