Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Cheese Party!


Emmie turned 6 months on Monday and in celebration I have decided that it was time for me to be done pumping...I say "pumping" instead of "nursing" because that is exactly what I have done for the past three months - ever since Emmie decided she was done with breast feeding and only wanted a bottle. I knew it would happen eventually with me being at work and her taking a bottle during the day...but I never anticipated how rejected I would feel when I tried to latch her on and she would push me away and gag...like I was all of the sudden revolting...I cried...and cried...and cried some more...I kept pumping to give her all those great antibodies and other things that only breast milk can give but as the months dragged on and she began taking more milk I added up that I spent a total of 2 hours pumping everyday for only 8 oz of milk- not that great. Anyway - Oregano's seemed like the best place to celebrate seeing as I've stayed away from dairy since we discovered her intolerance and there is only one thing on their menu (besides the drinks) that does not contain milk or cheese....I didn't order that. I ordered the Chicago style pizza - aka cheese...lots of cheese. It was even better than I had imagined it could be! For the longest time I've dreamed about sinking my teeth into a hunk of cheese (any Seinfeld watchers?...remember the summer of George and the block of cheese...I wanted that to be me!) Oregano's helped me achieve that! Yeah for Cheese parties!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

i hope you thought of me whilst eating that cheesy chicago pizza! ;) like the pics... very appetizing!

CF Is Not Forever said...

Its so much stinking work to breastfeed! No one ever tells you that part when they talk about all the good stuff:) Good job for working so hard and making the best of it!

debsfreckles said...

I pumped for a long time too when I had William, when Gracie had her nirsing strike I did not even go there. Yeah for cheese!