Thursday, April 10, 2008

Saturday In The Park with Emmie (And Co.)

Last Saturday Emmie had her first park experience! It happened to be a time of a lot of "firsts"...first time she wore sunscreen...first time she went down a slide and swung in a swing...but best of all first time she met Heidi and Luke! It was a short amount of time between conference sessions but we made the most of it! It's so funny when Heidi and I get together...we were joined at the hip 8th grade through the beginning of the college years... Since then (and especially after marriage) we haven't gotten to see eachother often (even when she still lived in AZ) but every time we get together we pick up as if we saw eachother just the other day. I love it! I give a lot of credit to the blog...here's to you blog...for keeping distant friends a little closer! Luke gave Emmie a sweet hug before we left the park! Maybe someday they'll become great friends too!

I love the hat! So... most everyone says that Emmie looks like Matt (i'm not sure, myself...) but one thing's for sure...the girl's got my eye brows!

The best of friends


documenting...
This is the picture I was taking...


The video is funny...I remembered half way through that video's can't be turned like pictures. Emmie is more interested in the padding I put in the swing rather than the swing itself...figures! Heidi, I hope the reason for your next visit will be on more happier terms. From the pictures it looked like your father-in-law had a beautiful funeral service. I'm sending thoughts of comfort your way -love you!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

aw! that was too short, huh?! i have a video of luke giving emmie loves, i'll post it on my blog for you guys. :) we miss you guys!!

CF Is Not Forever said...

Glad you two got to see each other and Heidi got to meet sweet Emmie! Maelee goes through that too where she just "needs" me every second. Then other days are better. To me (or atleast my excuse) is that its only child syndrome, atleast that is the lullaby I use to sing my conscious to sleep:) But I also figure - hey enjoy it Kamarah it won't last long, she will be driving tomorrow:(