Saturday, September 24, 2011

Guru needed

I went to a gardening class a week or so ago. I was so excited to go so I could finally learn how to do this and do it right. It's something I so desperately want to be good at but my many failed attempts have left me a bit pessimistic.

Unfortunately, instead of leaving this class with a renewed vigor to give it another go I left a bit overwhelmed.

I think I've come to the realization that gardening is a bit like those stupid strategy games that I hate (sorry Catan lovers). The rules are completely confusing until you just dive in and do it and go through a lot of trial and error along the way.

This leaves me in a bit of a hard spot. On one hand I would really love to do the whole gardening thing. BUT I seriously do not want to put up the upfront cost of it all without the assurance of getting some results. Not that I want a big huge over the top garden....I just want one or two boxes full of salad fixings and salsa ingredients.

So this is what brings me to the guru part. I know someone is out there who would be willing to hold my hand through this whole process. PLEASE, I need someone!



I want this....



And this (some day)....



And this....



And even this....I want it all! I just don't know where to start.

P.s. I'm totally serious...please someone help me!

2 comments:

Liz said...

I kinda feel the same way. I haven't made much progress, but I started with just a couple tomato plants. It took lots of help to remember to simply water them when necessary and I got one whole (baby) tomato. I'm not the best example because that's all they made and I went on vacation and they died....BUT I guess my thought is to start small and go from there.

Heidi said...

wait until i get my house and we'll figure it out together! i have several inlaws who have gardens down here and they are thriving!! dave is also looking into hydroponics and aquaponics. pretty awesome. :) i might need your help with a woodworking project if you guys have the right tools. cuz i sure don't! we'll talk!