Wednesday, November 10, 2010

{apron}

A few of my students helped me make my new school apron!

I've been needing a new one for a long time (I've been sporting an awesome purple plastic apron that, on a few occasions, my not so tactful students have informed me that my apron is ugly and Ms. Cassie's (my assistant) is nice. So when Cassie came in with a second totally cute apron I needed to step it up). We (2 students and I) took Cassie's apron and traced all of the main parts then labeled them and cut them out. I love how they sounded all the parts out! Can you read 4 year old? so cute!
The next day I brought the fabric to school and the helped me cut all the pieces out. They thought the finished product was pretty cool and get really excited when I wear it. It's nice not to have "the ugly apron" anymore. Plus we had a nice conversation about how clothes are made. cool.

P.S.
Oh... and my co-worker sent me a picture of her whole Cruella costume - totally rad, right?

4 comments:

Coleman Family said...

Good job, dang I wish I could sew!

miss chaz. said...

Amazing! I love it.

Liz Galvin said...

Great costumes... I wanted to tell Matt that I loved the drum video. Liz told me that Matt made a drum and it was on your blog. I just watched the video, really cool!!!
Ben

Andy & Jen said...

ur such a crafty girl! i need some lessons ; )