Sunday, June 27, 2010

26 and still not all grown up


When I was little 3 things set "grown ups" apart from kids:
1. Grown ups drove cars
2. Grown ups were married and had kids
3. Grown ups owned homes

Well a few weeks ago I had my 26th birthday and according to this I still have some growing to do. It may take us a while to get to #3 and I'm okay with that. These are somethings I'd like to do before I'm 27.

1. Update my wardrobe....I think it maybe time I start looking like a grownup (confession: I still wear one or two shirts I bought in high school)
2. Learn better home organizational skills...too much stuff...too little space - what to keep, what to donate, and how to get it all to fit nice where it belongs...Ikea, you're calling my name!
3. Figure out how to fit in exercise while juggling everything else that's going on.

There is a lot more...but for now those 3 will be enough!

p.s. I took some pictures on my birthday...but they wont load...when i finally figure it out I'll post them...if they aren't lame


4 comments:

marilynwalker said...

Oh man, I totally forgot to wish you a happy birthday! I'm so sorry! When I am back in town we should do dinner then go shopping to get you started on updating your wardrobe, although I like you always look cute :-)

Heidi said...

1. we'll go shopping together, and we'll just look dazed and confused...
2. i like organizing other people's stuff... just not my own. ;) so this could be a good thing in your case.
3. i can't help you. ;) trying to do it myself, i feel bad leaving the kids in the kidzone and worry the whole time that owen is crying his head off!!

miss chaz. said...

Those are some great goals but I'm pretty sure you have pretty much mastered those already!:)

I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday!:)

Coleman Family said...

Happy belated Birthday! Hope it was a great one! And Elyse, I'm 7 years older than you and I'm still trying to accomplish all those things on your list! Especially the exercise one! :)