Sunday, September 21, 2008

Gymnastics, Heroes, and Graduation

On Friday Holly Hart (my co-worker) took me to the 2008 Gymnastic Superstar Tour. In exchange I took her to FEZ, my new favorite burger place in Phoenix, for dinner before the show. Lets just say I'm going to owe her a few Paradise Bakery lunches to make the exchange even. Our seats were AMAZING! We sat on the far right side of the arena and could see a ton of the backstage stuff going on. Not only was the show fabulous but since we were sitting so far to the right we weren't far away from where Nastia and Shawn would come and watch while they waited to go up. SO AWESOME! I think if I would of had the guts to yell something like "Shawn You Rock" she would have probably heard it, then turned (being the obvious sweet heart the media makes her out to be) then waved back. We had the greatest time! Thanks Holly!!! Next time I will have to remember ear plugs though...who likes to listen to music so loud it hurts?!




Next on the list:

Is anyone else a huge Heroes fan? I wasn't until about 3 weeks ago when Ceri and John loaned us their Season 1 and Season 2 DVD's. AWESOME! It's like my two most favorite television series of all time collided: Gilmore Girls and Alias. Not only is the writing awesome (like the other 2 series) but there are a lot of familiar faces from the two shows. It's nice to have them back! Tune in Tomorrow night at 7 on NBC for a recap and then at 8 for the premiere!!! YEAH!!!
And Finally:
So congratulations to me! Last week I finished my Podrunner interval set "First Day to 5k". I'm a believer! I started the whole thing a bit skeptical but 10 weeks later and 6 lbs lighter I'm happy to say they've got a new supporter. I'm going to start the next set "Gateway to 8k" tomorrow. And for all those enquiring minds...I did finally loose that last lb., reaching my goal. And to top it all off I pulled out my pre-preggo pants and they fit awesome...maybe even a little bit better than before!

7 comments:

Heidi said...

yaih elyse! you're so hot. ;)

Bekka said...

Elyse! I'm glad you found me. Are you going to be able to make it on Tuesday night? And anytime you want some fruit leather just knock on my door neighbor!

CF Is Not Forever said...

Yeah! How cool that you got to go the the gymnastics show! That looked awesome in the advertisements! Congrats on your running, you are doing great! We don't watch Heros but we are closet Lost fans:)

Andy & Jen said...

LUCKY, i love gymnastics! i totally agree with you about Heroes, we love it! we watched all of season 1 in 1 weekend! can you say lazy nerds. way to go running, can you teach me how to be skinny like you?

SM said...

Elyse,
I'm so jealous that you got to go. You should have yelled something!!! Congrats on losing that last pound. You look great. You are going to have to tell me about this Podrunner interval.

Wendi and Matt said...

wow congrats elyse!! i need to get running...i walk now..haha

Anonymous said...

Yay, congrats on reaching your weight loss goal! Maybe you can help me with mine...I have a lot more to lose than you did!! Someone should have told me when I was pregnant that M&Ms were not a balanced meal! Oh well. I downloaded the podrunner intervals- do you just run to the beat of the music, depending on how fast it goes?