Saturday, April 4, 2009

去的5個星期!

5 weeks to go!
Random Chinese Trivia Countdown

(check it out...the new Beijing Airport...crazy huge)

QUESTION:
Which color is bad luck when used to write or sign a name in Asia?

a) White
b) Red
c) Blue
d) Black
e) Green

ANSWERS:
a) White on, but not right on. In fact, you're wrong. So I guess you need to white out this answer. Is white even a real color? Try again.
b) Correct. In ancient times the color red was reserved for the dead. The names of the deceased were written, painted, or engraved in red on gravestones and plaques in the village centers. Even today many traditional people will get nervous if you write their name down in red. To write a living person's name in red means they will die soon or you want them dead. Try this next time you write a letter to your ex-lover.
c) You're wrong, but don't feel too blue!
d) Are you having a total Blackout in your mind? Of course not black.
e) Don't be greedy. Money can't always buy the right answer. Try or buy again!

2 comments:

Andy & Jen said...

oh my gosh elise! you are so dang cute & crafty! i got home from a rotten day at work and found a surprise waiting on my porch for me...it totally brightened my day! i already forgot what the rules of the craft game are so u may have to remind me :) THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! tell mateo hola!

Samantha said...

I am so excited for you to go to China. Jonathan and I went 4 years ago and loved it. When you get back, we will have to get together to hear about your trip.