Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Emmie at school

I love having Emmie with me at school. She is such a good hearted little girl.  She has been working really hard on writing lately.  In the past month she has perfected her name! She has also been working on mastering the monkey bars. Take a look!


She loves the yellow tube slide!

And it's a plus that Grammy is around to give her lots of snuggles and love throughout the day!

As luck would have it Emmie was "writing" (she dictates to me and then traces what I write) her first real story the day I brought my camera! Now if you don't know Emmie then you will think this story is a bit morbid...but it totally fits her. Her story was about her and daddy planting a beanstalk. When I asked where Mommy and Prime were she said we were dead. (what? I'm DEAD?) Then proceeded to point out the spot where Prime's body was. She forgot to draw my dead body but made the addition.  If you click on the picture and blow it up you can see me - I'm the circle with the scribbles on it. nice. real nice. Well...what can I say, she is her own person. I think she felt bad after she saw my face and wrote a story about her and daddy doing something again - but this time Prime and I were just simply "gone" she didn't know where. I call that progress.


1 comments:

Liz said...

Ha ha. Nice progress for sure. Better than dead!