Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Before Christmas came Thanksgiving

Before I post about Christmas and New Years I have a bit of catching up to do. 

Thanksgiving was amazing! 


We spent it in Coronado. It was perfect. We Celebrated the big day with a BIG feast at the Hotel Del Coronado...those people mean business with their feasts. I don't remember the last time I ate so much - oiy. For the rest of the weekend we enjoyed some time at the San Diego Zoo where Emmie became acquainted with a hippopotamus.  We also spent a lot of time riding bikes. It was perfection!While we were there we had a photographer take some family pictures of us on the beach.  We haven't gotten the CD yet with all the prints but hopefully soon we will have those. Yeah for Thanksgiving.

The bike riding...
The Feast...
The Zoo...




A Few weeks after Thanksgiving I ran in the "12k's of Christmas" race.  (Yes, it was as cheezy as it sounds).  I had a great time.  I rode my bike to freestone (which was good because parking was madness) and then ran the race.  My time was super poopy because about 20 minutes into I realized just how majorly overdressed I was.  Good thing I was wearing layers.  I had to stop and strip down to the nitty gritty.  I was just glad no one I knew was around or I may have been embarrassed being seen just in my sports bra...don't freak out it was a long one that covers my supper awesome stretchmarked tummy.  Anyways.  All in all it was fun.  Poopy time due to having to stop and adjust the running attire but I think this may be the only time I'm ever serenaded by Christmas carolers along a run. cool. 

 

1 comments:

Carianne said...

I can only imagine how good the food was on Thanksgiving! Lucky.