Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Halloween

Before I get too far into all of my catch up posts I need to share Halloween!  Emmie went as Princess Tiana from the Frog Princess movie and Prime was supposed to be a dragon but refused to wear the wings and tale...I'll probably get a picture around Christmas time when he decides he likes it...oh well. So instead of a costume he wore his pj's...so he could be the Sand Man? humm....maybe not...

Okay so, Emmie would not hold still for any pictures so you get what you get...sorry. 

Emmie's costume has a background story that is pretty funny.  A few month ago we were talking about choosing a costume and how we were all going to dress up like someone in Harry Potter since my sister was going to throw a Potter themed party...we all chose our person and guess who Emmie chose? Ha! MALFOY! awesome.  We were all pretty pumped.  wouldn't she have made a great Malfoy? We could have slicked her hair back so good! ha!

Well...the week before Halloween we were talking with some people and I asked Emmie to tell them what she was going to be for Halloween and she thought about it and thought about it and finally I prompted her.  This was our conversation:

Me: "Tell them who you are going to be for Halloween, you know, from Harry Potter"
Emmie: "Uh...."
Me: "Remember his name? Malfoy, right?"
Emmie: "No...you are such a silly goose.  Malfoy is a BOY and I am a GIRL and girls are princesses.  I'm going to be Princess Tiana 'cause she wears a green dress"

That was news to me! It's all good though.  Turns out whipping up a last minute princess costume isn't too bad...Elastic thread is awesome in a pinch!


0 comments: