Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Endurance...

..I finally have some.  I've been wanting to do a 1/2 marathon for forever and now I'm going to do it.

I was huge into running before I started having kids but it's always been on the back burner due to a ton of excuses...endurance being the biggest one.  I just couldn't seem to push myself past the three mile mark.  Anyways,  in January I committed to start running again.  I couldn't even do a mile without walking and got super frustrated so I ended up doing the "Insanity" program on my sister and brother-in-laws recommendation.  And let me just pause and put a plug in for that one.  It's wicked.  BUT completely awesome.  I started seeing results (especially in the endurance department) within days.  I went from only being able to do 3 push ups to 15 in 30 days.  I went for a run about 1/2 through the 60 day program and killed it.  I was able to run 2 1/2 miles without much effort.  It was exhilarating.  I've been running every day since and am up to 6 1/2 miles. 

I run with a friend and we have a great time.  We are signing up for the November Shun The Sun Marathon in Mesa.  Come and join us!

5 comments:

Wendi and Matt said...

You are awesome! I need to start running again.. I miss it!

Ben said...

Good job! Just finished the bloomsday run here in Spokane 7.45miles or something. kicked my butt!

Coleman Family said...

Wow! You go!

Amy Nielson said...

that is awesome!! can't wait to hear how your half goes :)

Arrington Family said...

We rock! Can't wait to do the half with you!