Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Oh my...

Emmie likes dressing herself lately. Being the good Montessorian that I am, I encourage this. BUT I now realize that I encourage it more when it's not MY daughter. These are her recent clothing choices:
Last week she came out wearing this number....can you see it all? red polka-dot pants, totally awesome 80's inspired "LOVE" shirt, Tinkerbell necklace, bucket hat, and blue sunglasses. One word: rad.

Since then I have learned that if i want her to match I need to layout her clothes for her.

Well that's exactly what i did this morning...BUT i forgot the socks. I told her to go get some and she came out like this:

PAAAAAAHAHHHA!!

She had a melt down when I tried to take them off of her so what did I do? I took her to school like that. (heaven help me) She found out real quick that it was too tricky to use the bathroom with her "socks" so by 9:00 they were a thing of the past....but now I know not to forget the socks!

6 comments:

Jared and Tara said...

what a good mom! i'm constantly fighting with eva about her choice of clothing (swimsuit and rain boots is the usual request) reading your post made me realize that it's probably not worth fighting over!

miss chaz. said...

hahah oh my what a cutieeee. i bet you can't wait to see what she picks out tomorrow!

Heidi said...

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! OH MY GOOD GRACIOUS!! that is so awesome! i can just hear you and matt laughing... with her of course, never at her. :)

Allison said...

HaHa! That's hilarious!

Liz said...

That is hilarious!

Coleman Family said...

What a crack-up! Claire's the same way! I've learned that unless it's school or church, whateva! Some battles just aren't worth it! Hey, what kind of baby wrap were you wearing in one of your last posts? I can't find mine and I need a new one stat! :)