Saturday, February 6, 2010

Best Salsa Recipe EVER!

I have made this recipe multiple times and have to say...YUM! I will never again waste money on Pace Salsa. I'm putting it up on my blog now just so I don't need to search Scott and Jenna's blog each time I make it to make sure I'm not forgetting anything...(I think I've made it enough now that I have it memorized...but one time I did forget a few of the seasonings and while it was still good it wasn't superb...)

(Photo by Jenna Jameson - she did our family photos - go check out her skills!)
1 #10 can (or I like to use 3 28oz cans) diced tomatoes (I like to use petite diced tomatoes)

1 lg white onion chopped

1 bunch green onions chopped

1 bunch cilantro (leaves only)

1 can El Pato sauce (found in the Mexican food aisle)

2 fresh green chiles chopped without seeds (or 1 sm can diced green chiles)

1-2 fresh jalapenos chopped without seeds (or 1 sm can diced jalapenos)

1 T. each of salt, onion powder, and garlic powder

1/2 T. cumin

**I put the cilantro leaves directly in the blender along with 1/2 to 3/4 of the mixed veggies and spices - you avoid some totally rad green teeth this way and I like the consistency of the blended salsa rather than super chunky!


Thanks Scott and Jenna for Sharing!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How long does the salsa keep?

Coleman Family said...

That sounds heavenly! Thanks for the recipe!

Liz said...

That is quite the claim to make--I'm definitely going to have to make it now.

Jenna said...

So glad you like it!!

Liz said...

So now I've come back to YOUR blog to get the recipe again. It was delicious the first time, but made a ton. How long does it keep? I'm wondering if I can put it in an old Pace bottle and use it from there...