Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Disneyland

A few weeks ago Emmie and I went on a VERY spontaneous trip to Disneyland with my parents and sister's family.  Matt and Prime stayed home...they (meaning, Matt) are not fans of the magic kingdom (gasp! I know, right?...party poopers). Anyways we had a BLAST! Enjoy our weekend via iphone snapshots.
Waiting to get in...That day there was a Bomb scare - say what?! for reals.  Ended up that a college kid threw a toilet paper tube stuffed with colorful ribbon signifying "unity in diversity" into a tree. After two + hours of an all out bomb squad search the kid called in and confessed.  He's no longer allowed in Disneyland...

 That morning Emmie decided she didn't want to smile for any pictures...so we have a lot like this
 or this
or this...stinker.

Emmie LOVED the rides
 Autopia - our first stop

 Tea Cups
Astro Blaster...I totally kicked Emmie's rear! But then again she had a hard time seeing over the rail...

So..Why was I never introduced to DOLE WHIPS before this trip??? For all these years I've been missing out. They were everything everyone made them out to be - divine Disneyland food perfection. mmmmmm dole whip I love you...


 Emmie and Monson opted for Mickey icecream bars instead

I love this picture. It makes me giggle. 

 Monson and Emmie loved Toontown! Here they are getting comfy on Minnie's couch.


On our second day we started by going to the "Character Breakfast" We were convinced that Emmie and Mo would LOVE it...we were a little wrong..
classic
Midway through Emmie decided that she loved it.

 Tigger gave dad the best back rub he's had in a long time. Go Tigger!


 Sassafrass - LOVE it!

Emmie's first roller coaster: Thunder Mountain
It was awesome!
 Trying to multi-task a thumbs up and eat a churro... Yeah She's tall enough!
 Before the start...
baaahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahaha.
John took a video of the ride - It will be a video that we cherish and watch for the rest of our lives.  Thank you John for capturing this epic event!
This is a snapshot sliced out of the video.
After it was all over she wanted to go again. The girl loves a thrill.

And we managed to squeeze in some adult rides too...


 Notice the kids in the front. Awesome. She will always have this picture to remember the first time she was inappropriately touched by a boy - her words not mine...for reals.


{sigh}
So it was a good time.  
Next time to make it even more perfect I'll ask for cooler weather and my husband to be there. Because even though it's not his favorite place, him being there to share in all of the memories just makes it all the more fun. 


2 comments:

CF Is Not Forever said...

How AWESOME! I am glad you got to go. and I love your haircut! I want to go very short for a fun change and it looks very very good on you!

CF Is Not Forever said...

I love your trip to Disney and I love your hair (sorry if I already posted this same comment once it said it didn't go through) But your short hair looks absolutely amazing on you! I want to try it!