Friday, April 17, 2009

Luau Refashion

Ceri and I got ambitious after reading from one of our favorite craft blogs, Made. She has some of the cutest shirt refashions! We committed ourselves to figure out how to do it and what better to start on than Hawaiian shirts (the way I see it....they can only get cuter right?)

It all started with a trip to DI were Ceri and I bought a few of these:Smelled like they used to belong to someone like him....(you know...sweaty old man smell....must with a hint of Old Spice)


After a few hours...and some seam ripping - we turned our smelly old DI shirts into these:
One for me


One for Emmie
Aloha!

Next on my wish list....A Serger!

6 comments:

Coleman Family said...

Wow! Good job! I LOVE your shirt!!! Was it difficult?

Samantha said...

Wow! You are so amazing.

Michelle said...

Not bad at all! You should sell those things! Way to go!!!

debsfreckles said...

I love them. I should try them out. My mom has a surger, it is so nice. Maybe we should have a craft night and I can borrow it.

Allison said...

Very cute! They turned out great!

Heidi said...

what's wrong with old spice?... :)

those are stinking cute. i especially love emmie's dress!